PERIOD IMAGES

PERIOD IMAGES
HISTORICAL STOCK PORTFOLIO

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A New Day For Aspiring Authors

   E-publishing has created a host of outlets for new authors today. The years of waiting patiently (hardly for a traditional publisher to probably reject your hard work have come to an end. Is that a good thing? Some people don't seem to think so. Only the best should be published. I disagree. How many times have you seen a review about a movie or novel that was negative, then when you decided to see that movie or read that novel, you were pleasantly surprised. Each of us sees the world through rose colored glasses. Have you ever counted how many different color roses are in the world? Judge for yourself, and if that book or movie wasn't what you expected, no worries, sometimes wine improves with age.

2 comments:

  1. I have to agree that having all these wonderful new authors to read is a joy. I've found books this year that have amazed me, made me want to cry, and allowed me to fall in love with new characters! I'm very thankful to Indie Publishing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree in that I have discovered more talented writers and wonderful books then in all the years of reading combined. The ability to reach out and tweet or blog with the authors is in itself amazing. Now as a writer myself with my book release on the cusp, I am beginning a whole new adventure. Loved the comment about different rose colored glasses. Great success with your writing

    ReplyDelete